• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headlight Relay???

tnomud

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone tell me where the headlight relay is located on a 96 XJ? I cannot find it to save my life. Is it shared with anything?

Andy in Co. said:
Power distribution Center. If it is the same as my 91 then behind the battery next to the coolant overflow. black box

I checked in there and didn't see anything specifically for headlights. Any ideas which one it is?

I do´n't know if the OBD-II XJs have a headlight relkay, but the earlierones did not. The headlight switch incorporates a circuit breaker,and thelights run directly off the switch. That's why you need to wire in a relay circuit if upgrading to high power halogen lights.

Eagle said:
I do´n't know if the OBD-II XJs have a headlight relkay, but the earlierones did not. The headlight switch incorporates a circuit breaker,and thelights run directly off the switch. That's why you need to wire in a relay circuit if upgrading to high power halogen lights.

Yeah, I am 700 miles from home and the lights started going on and off. The auto parts store listed and relay for a 96, but I couldnt find it under the hood nor under the dash. I wasn't sure if the relay was shared with something else or not. I am trying to avoid having to re-wire the entire truck at my hotel.

tnomud said:
Yeah, I am 700 miles from home and the lights started going on and off. The auto parts store listed and relay for a 96, but I couldnt find it under the hood nor under the dash. I wasn't sure if the relay was shared with something else or not. I am trying to avoid having to re-wire the entire truck at my hotel.
I looked on my Mitchell On Demand, but I only go to "92". Up to the models I have there is no headlight relay for the Cherokee.

Back