• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Southern Four Wheel Drive Membership Poll

Southern Four Wheel Drive Assn. Membership

• I am already a member of SFWDA

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I can join SFWDA by April 2, 2004

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • I decline SFWDA membership at this time

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

woody

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
On 12-15-03, the Chapter BOD and some Members held an online meeting. One thing discussed & agreed on was to promote membership in SFWDA. Since we do not charge Chapter dues (beyond NAXJA membership dues) joining Southern is completely optional. Some of us may already be Southern members, through a local club or as individuals. If this is the case, please let us know.

The dues are $20 per year, and of that, Southern gets 1/2 and United 4WDA gets 1/2. (NAXJA Members are also members of United, so in effect, we are joining them twice...not a bad thing IMHO) I'd like to hear from everyone who plans to join, or not.

It would look more professional if the Chapter could submit everyone's applications & dues at the same time. The SFWDA is holding an event at Windrock TN 4-30 to 5-2...I'd be really proud if we could get a good turnout, as well as have Member status by then. I think if we who plan to join could do it by April 2d, this would work.

Thoughts welcome...

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Woody,

How about a link for more info about the SFWDA. Does their territory extend into Virginia, or are we still stuck between two chapters/associations, a little too far from the center of either to be regular participants?

Tom

let me know when to send in the $

How do we want to handle this...Andy is the Treasurer, do we wnat to send all application to him and then he sned them in as a whole???

I hope after a few months we can set up a Chapter Checking account...

whats the age requirement?

To be a member of this (or any) Chapter, one must be a member of NAXJA. We require members to be 18 yrs or older.

OTOH SFWDA doesn't specify any age requirement on their application form.

I'm in, let me know.

Greddy

Member through CNC

I am a duplicate member of United and a member of Southern through the local(Central North Carolina 4x4) club that I am in.

Southern membership has been a debate here. They appear to do a fair amount of stuff in Tennessee and Tellico, but not much at Uwharrie(local park). A number of CNC members don't see the value in being a member because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back