• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocker Gaurds

XJBill

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for rocker gaurds for my XJ but I have no idea where to get them from. I'm also not against making them. Does anybody have any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated.

I made mine. used 3x5 rectangular tubing and cut off the old rocker from just behind front fender to back end of rear door. boxed in the ends of the tubing and welded it back in place of the removed rocker panels. Not as hard as it sounds, greatly helped if you have access to a plasma cutter. I can get some photos if you want.

.02 Daryl

I made a set that bolted on and then recently just cut the rocker panels out and welded in 2x4 tapped for air (the cutting and replacing was easier than making the bolt on rails IMO

fa0e6c11.jpg

I still need to clean up a few welds on the tube (ran out of gas and light ;) ) and go over them with a decent coat of paint.

Thanks for the input everybody! With the links and write ups on here, I have enough of a plan to begin constructing them this weekend. I'll post some pics and a quick write-up when I get them done. :D

I have C4x4s square guards and a buddy of mine has the double tube ones. We both have been very pleased with them, and i would certainly recommend them. A good quality product at a nice price. Good luck to you if you fab your own.

Back