• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake Light On

prljeep

NAXJA Forum User
1990 MJ Pioneer, 4.0l, 125k- I have two lights that do not go off on my instrument panel.

The BRAKE light and the Emissions Maintenance light. I know the Emissions light comes on at like 67,500 miles or something like that and must be reset at a dealership. When should I be concerned that there really may be an emissions problem?

What is with the Brake light? It does not appear that the emergency brake is on.

Thanks,

prljeep

Under the dash is a small clear box with gears inside. Remove it, it's just a counter for the emiss maint light. Once it's gone, it won't come back. The only way to reset it, is replace it with a new one that will start counting down agian. The dealer will want to do some work and replace your 02 if you have them do it. Why replace a part that is not bad?

Do you have ABS? The brake light may have to do with that. If not, maybe the contact in the e-brake handle?

Steve

Back