• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Loose side-view mirror

woody

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
The power mirror on my 88 is loose and it is pesking on me. (the glass has approx 1/2" of loose play on whatever it mounts to in it's housing)

I suppose I could swap the whole thing over with one of my other non-power ones, but that would be a defeatist attitude...anyone have any hints how to fix it?

Thanks

Woody

i have post about the ball being "rotted" away on the older mirrors HTH

Last edited:
Imo. the cherokee mirrors are a bad design they allways break inside.All of the cherokees I've been in or owned had this problem.So what I'm going to do is swap in some wrangler mirrors.They are more durable,can be folded out of the way,and offer a larger field of view.

For a cheap fix, cut some 1" long pieces of small rubber hose and wedge them between the mirror and the housing.

PaulJ said:
For a cheap fix, cut some 1" long pieces of small rubber hose and wedge them between the mirror and the housing.

I used a cedar wedge under mine. All I saw for a while on my passenger side mirror was ashfalt.

Match books work well too :rolleyes:
Mike B.

Go to your local plumbing supply house and get some toilet stool wedge-it's. They are made both with hard plastic or a softer rubber (I'm fond of the rubber ones myself, they cut easier) they are about one inch wide and one and one half long. they start at about 1/16th and go to about 1/4 of an inch tall. they have ridges on them that 1. help hold them in place and 2.hold them to each other to stack them taller. and they cost about 10 cents apiece.

If you can't find them I'll send you some, and yes I am a licensed plumber.

.02 Daryl

Does anyone know if the mirrors off of a 96’-98’ Grand Cherokee will fit on a 91’ Cherokee? I’d love to snag a set of heated electric ones out of the junkyard to fit on my Cherokee.

Back