• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

too stiff shocks!

afjeep2082

NAXJA Forum User
I have precomp es 9000 shocks, I got them with my lift, and they are stiff as hell the ride is horrable. This is my DD with weekend wheelin (mostly mudd holes and trails not rock crawling) so I want something thats not going make me feel every little bump in the road. I was thinkin go hydros instead of nitros because I heard the nitros are stiffer...but any suggestions of some nice SMOOTH riding shocks would be great!

set up
93' cherokee sport
RE 4.5 lift (full leaf pack)
32" BFG's

Old Man Emu Long Travel. I guess adjustables would be a good choice also, but its just one more thing to break.

Skyjacker Softride Hydros have kept me happy for several years, and I'm picky about ride. Velocity sensing too, about $30 per at 4WPW.

Rancho RS-9000's. I set mine at 3 around town and then 4 or 5 on the trail to prevent me from bouncing onto rocks. I love the adjustability. My brother runs the Skyjackers and they're pretty soft if soft is all you're after.

Just about any Hydro shock would be softer than a Nitro filled shock. They typically run as low as $30.00 a piece no matter where you get them from. I run Hydro shocks on mine. It makes the trails smoother too.

Back