• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gear ratios

96xjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I think I know thw answer already. But are 4.10 and 4.11 the same thing? Can you use 4.11 in a Dana 30 and 4.10 in a dana 35 or visa versa?

Yes, they are the same. When doing gear ratios I've "heard all over the internet"(a dangerous thing to say, I know) that a 2% difference in the numbers is the maximum acceptable diff before you run into problems.

Ary

Ary'01XJ said:
Yes, they are the same. When doing gear ratios I've "heard all over the internet"(a dangerous thing to say, I know) that a 2% difference in the numbers is the maximum acceptable diff before you run into problems.

Ary
Especially off road or on slick surfaces.

So the answe I am getting is Yes i can do 4.10 and 4.11 together without damage...it will be used primarily offroad.

So pardon my ignorance and misunderstanding, but is the answer yes I can safely use 4.10's up front, and 4.11's in the rear. Also i forgot to mention, I will be adding an EZ locker in the rear and sone form of locker or limited slip in the front, will this make a difference? I will be using the jeep primarily offroad.

It will be completely unnoticeable. You would get more damage from putting 33" tires up front and a 32"s in back.

Back