• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'98 Sport Stock - Rancho AAL or UpCountry?

Rancho AAL or UpCountry Leafs?

• Rancho RS60913 AAL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UpCountry Rear Leafs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pancake

NAXJA Forum User
I'm keeping the front stock, no need for a lift to me. My rear sits at 16.25" so I need to do something there. I would like to add a little payload capacity and keep the rear able to flex as well as stock. Ride can be a little firmer...that would be good. I would like the rear to sit at 18" max, and would prefer 17.5" - 18" if possible from center of wheel to fender flare.

I can get a new set of UpCountry (off road?) rear leafs from the dealer for $135 each...not too bad I guess. Or, I can get the Rancho "soft-ride" AAL that is supposed to lift ~1" - 1.5" for $65 online. Either install would be done by myself, no real problem there. I just bought new Bilstein shocks, so those are staying on there, and I'm getting 235/75/15 BFG KO's in a couple weeks.

Will the AAL be a waste of money? Seems like (from my searching) they just sag after a few months to a year, and ruin the springs anyway. Are the UpCountry leafs stronger than the standard leafs? Will they sag shortly also? What about JCWhitney leafs? They are much cheaper than the dealer. Thanks and Happy New Year!

Back