• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I know this question has been asked before...

dogtired

NAXJA Forum User
What the heck is that space there for? You know... the space that looks like a inverted "L" is on the opposite side of the spare tire. What the heck is it used for? Does it serve any purpose? I am trying to find a location to put my fire extingisher. I am one of those people who don't like to drill holes in my interior, I'd rather zip tie my stuff if I can help it. :cool:

Anyways, I am considering installing my fire extingisher there, it even has 3 rows of slits at the top, that I can latch my zip ties onto, I just have to figure out how to put the least stress on them so in order not to tear the living daylights out of the slits due to weight of the fire extingisher.

simple, its a cubby. No more, no less. Many people put misc. items in there, others put cd changers there. I bought a cd changer holder that fits there, and is lockable (havent seen any since :) ). Its up to you on what you want to mount. As for putting holes in the interior, thats up to you. I dont think zip ties will be sufficient to hold a fire ext. there though. IMHO.

DSC00002.JPG

3 bolts thru the plastic with big washers on the other side for better support.

i also keep a fire estinguisher next to the drivers seat.

IntrepidXJ said:
3 bolts thru the plastic with big washers on the other side for better support.

i also keep a fire estinguisher next to the drivers seat.

Is the washers for the fire extingusher as well or is just for the flashlight? Very nice setup. Thanks for the pix!

Back