• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xj Lift

KCI

NAXJA Forum User
I Recently Purchased A 93 Xj Sport. I Want To Change The Rear Suspension To Eliminate The Block Lift And Sagging Springs. How Do I Determine What Spring Pack I Need To Match The Front Height-i Do Not Know What Lift Kit Is On The Front. I'm Running 33x12.5' With Ample Clearance So It Must Be At Least 4.5-5". Trial And Error Is Fine If That's What I've Got To Do.
Thanks

Its Probably Not Your Fault You Rode The Little Yellow Bus To School But I Would Stop Crying About It And Just Order The Re 4.5 Spring Pack, Install Then Check For Height. If Needed You Can Always Get The Extended Shackles For More Height.

Gee, thanks for the help. If you don't have a clue, just say so. By the way, the little yellow school bus was full of your family members-your mom alone took up two seats! When I'm done with my lift, I'll come over to your house and we'll take off your 31's and aal and put a real lift on-ok? Thanks bye bye.

KCI said:
I Recently Purchased A 93 Xj Sport. I Want To Change The Rear Suspension To Eliminate The Block Lift And Sagging Springs. How Do I Determine What Spring Pack I Need To Match The Front Height-i Do Not Know What Lift Kit Is On The Front. I'm Running 33x12.5' With Ample Clearance So It Must Be At Least 4.5-5". Trial And Error Is Fine If That's What I've Got To Do.
Thanks

Do you still have stock flares up front? in stock location?? What is the measurement from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the flare?? that's the easiest way to get an idea of how much height you got.

My flares are stock and in the stock location. The measurement from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the flare in the rear is 21 3\4".
Thanks for the effort.

That is in the rear, which you want to replace. What is the measurement for the front? That way you know what your target height for the rear will be.

Good thinking-the front is 23 3/4". I've measured an 01 xj with a RE 3.5"-it's measuring about 21" in the front. Is the difference between the two accurate enough to go by? The lift on the 01 is only about 3 mos. old, so I don't suspect any sagging. Thanks for the help-

From what I've read, stock measurements are 17.5 inches front, 17 inches rear. So that would give you 6.25" front lift and 4.75" rear lift. So you're sagging 1.5" in the rear. Those #'s should help you decide what to target.

I'm guessing that in the rear you have a block and add a leaf....that, coupled with stock saggy springs made life miserable for me.

you're probably at the point now where you must replace the entire spring pack. there are many retailers that offer springs, but from a value standpoint I'd recommend the Rubicon Express packs. (as buneduggy so eloquently put it )

if you do decide to go with them, we have a few members that are RE vendors and can give you some really nice prices. I know for sure that TOZOVR is one, and a few others (that I can't think of right now)
you might want to PM these guys and see what can be done.

Good Luck, and Happy Jeepin

Back