• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP...replacing stock Ramsey winch cable???

soulslngr

NAXJA Forum User
I have the factory winch (which is a Ramsey model)...The cable was all tangled and looking kinda scary frankly so I removed it (left about 10" attached). The cable is held to the side of the spool with what looks like a mini u-bolt but with the nut side inaccessible. My question was does anyone know anything about how to replace this? and also can I simply bolt new cable to the small piece I left attached? thanks once again :guitar:

soulslngr said:
I have the factory winch (which is a Ramsey model)...The cable was all tangled and looking kinda scary frankly so I removed it (left about 10" attached). The cable is held to the side of the spool with what looks like a mini u-bolt but with the nut side inaccessible. My question was does anyone know anything about how to replace this? and also can I simply bolt new cable to the small piece I left attached? thanks once again :guitar:

No you need to replace the whole cable. If you try to use a u-bolt type setup to graft in a new cable, you'll end up cutting up the new cable where it overlays the u-bolt.

Not sure which Ramsey you have, I've never ween the kind of cable retention setup you're describing.

Andy

Back