• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Needle grease fittings??

FELIX

Who Knows, Ask Who
I have a currie double cardan joint drive shaft that I got with my RE lift & SYE. I was going thru the u-joints, & I think I have needle fittings on the double cardan joint :dunno: Does anyone have any pic's of what they look like, the needle fittings that is

Thanks as always

Rob
felix1-ani-av.gif

The "needed" fitting to which you refer - would it be in one of the caps, and look like a small circular depression in top? I have been able to use the same adapter with those that would be used for "long-reach" zerks - it looks like a large rod with a tapered Nylon cup on the end that would fit just over the top of a regular zerk. That Nylon cup is also just small enough to fit into that cup-shaped zerk, and will work for it. You should be able to find one at your local.

There is one that looks like a large-bore hypodermic needle, but it is for "booted" joints, like some slip-joints and CV halfshafts. It will not work for cup-shaped zerks, so watch which one you get...

5-90

Yeah, it looks like it has a little ring on the end of one of the caps, & there is some kind of valve on it, or like you said, looks like a small circular depression in top. I guess I'll be off to Autozone, or Harbor Frieght tomarrow.

Thanks

Rob

5-90 said:
There is one that looks like a large-bore hypodermic needle, but it is for "booted" joints, like some slip-joints and CV halfshafts. It will not work for cup-shaped zerks, so watch which one you get...

5-90

Strange. I used that same one (large hypodermic needle style) today, and it worked fine for my RE driveshaft U-joints. I got mine at autozone. . .

Back