• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Los Coyotes Run Dec 27th

MJR

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking into a run at Los Coyotes this weekend possibly if anyone is interested then post up. I have to call and make sure they will be open first and then I will repost details.

MJR said:
I am looking into a run at Los Coyotes this weekend possibly if anyone is interested then post up. I have to call and make sure they will be open first and then I will repost details.

Mike, you realize that it is near blizzard conditions up there right now??

it is also supposed to snow/rain on Christmas day and again on friday..

Might make it a bit interesting with a river of water running down all of the trails.

I was up there once in a big snow storm and it was interesting to say the least

Damn you want some cheese to go with that whine? :rof: I thought this was a wheeling group, oh right I can't remember the last time you went. :rof:

zjmikey said:
Mike, you realize that it is near blizzard conditions up there right now??

it is also supposed to snow/rain on Christmas day and again on friday..

Might make it a bit interesting with a river of water running down all of the trails.

I was up there once in a big snow storm and it was interesting to say the least

I am going this weekend in big bear :looser:

Bring some cheese..... I'll bring the wine...

Ok we will meet at the gate at the reservation at 9:30am and for those that want to we will be meeting for breakfast at 8:00am just down from Julian. I'll post more details later.

Below are some directions that Andy found out there and here is the address for the resaurant. Meet at the restaurant at 8:00am or the Los Coyotes main gate at 9:30am.

The restaurant is on the corner of the 79 and the 78. Here's the address so you can pull it up on a mapquest or something:

Apple Country Restaurant
30270 Hwy 78
Santa Ysabel, CA 92070

To Los Coyotes

DIRECTIONS
From Los Angeles -- Take I-15 south to Temecula and exit Highway 79 South (be careful to not use 79 North). turn left under the freeway and proceed to the small community of Warner Springs. You should top off the gas tank in Warner Springs. After topping off the tank, proceed another 100 yards, or so, to Camino San Ignacio (there is a sign pointing to the reservation). Turn left onto Camino San Ignacio and proceed about 8 miles to the gate. You can air down at the gate, or you can proceed another 3 miles to the main camping area and air down there.

From San Diego:
Take I-15 north to Scripps Poway Parkway east Follow until it ends at Highway 67 turn left (north) You will enter into Main Street in Ramona (this becomes Hwy 78 east). This is a good spot to eat and fuel-up. Follow Hwy 78 east into Santa Ysabel and turn left (north) on Hwy 79 towards Warner Springs. (Dudley's Bakery is a must stop!) You will travel for about 12 miles until you reach San Ignacio Rd (just before you reach the gas station). Turn right (east). Follow this road until you enter the reservation and the main gate.

I was going to go camp up at Mt. Laguna this weekend, maybe I could just camp at LCIR again (was there the 6th). Snow wheeling sounds like fun, although I have a feeling that it is just going to be rain.

Is anyone in your group planning on staying overnight?

Josh

Back