• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what kind of bolts for OEM transfer case skid plate for 90 xj

lapaul

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a used OEM transfer case skid plate for my 90 xj lorado

(no bolts came with it)

I was told the bolt holes are threaded. Is that the case, and if so what type of bolts should I get, how many, and where can I get them?

If not what parts do I need to get?

Instalation looks pretty simple and straightforward, but are there any instructions or diagrams on the web out there about the installation

I feel more comforatble "reading the manual" or getting instructions before even a simple task like this since I'm pretty new to this

Thanks in advance for your help

I bought nut-serts from the local hardware store. They were about $1.50 each and the "tool" to install them was about the same price. The "tool" looks pretty much like a tall nut with no threads. You grease it up and pass a bolt through it and into the nut-sert. Put the nut-sert in the hole, put a wrench on the "tool" and tighten the bolt until the nut-sert is expanded and anchored. Remove the bolt and "tool" and you're ready to do the next one.

Back