• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine Error Codes

fishonmyleg

NAXJA Forum User
I need to get my Jeep to pass emissions, I need it to not have a check engine light on. One of my errors from Autozone's test is:

P1492
APLSOL Solenoid Circuit Malfunction

Can anybody give me any details on this? Thanks

I have a 97 XJ, 4.0, automatic

he posted on ifsja.org that he failed because he has an "engine light on". visual inspection i guess.

They wouldn't pass it for the check engine light. When I checked the test myself, I got the batt temp, and other misc things. But when I had Autozone hook up thier computer, they gave me errors about my tranny and the APLSOL solenoid, which sofar, not one person in the world knows what it is.

my 98 had some odd codes about the trans when the backup lite fuse was blown, #10 i think the manuel was wrong about the fuse.
HTH

I asked my friend at the Jeep parts dept. about this. He had not heard of a aplsol solenoid, so he asked the service manager about the error code p1492. It is a failure in the battery temperature sensor. In some XJs there is a temperature sensor built into the bottom of the plastic battery tray. If the sensor went bad, or the cable to it is cut/damaged/unplugged, it will give that error code. It could even be a battery that is overheating and going bad. After the problem is fixed, you might need to have the error code reset with a scan tool again.

Back