• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where can i get a complete dana 44?

what is the best axle upgrade?

• ford 8.8

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • dana 44

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • other

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy forbes

NAXJA Forum User
used is what i want but i may look at new ones

junk yard? for sale forums? ebaymotors?

MO: i prefer the 44, there is no fabbing needed to get it in there, its just a simple swap

Ebay...look for one out of an XJ

Found one in a u-pull in Orlando. $75 if you pull it your self. Double that atleast if they pull it for you. They can be found. I had to check all of the xj there and found one with a 44. I think its still there. T.

I bought my XJ, and my MJ with the D-44 in them.

My XJ was orignally owned by a city buildings/water dept.(they couldn't tell me)

My MJ is the Metric ton model. A D-44 and a rated capacity of 2,205lbs payload.

rodeo? yeah rodeo

I am running a d44 from a 96 isuzu rodeo, you really can't beat it. It is a slight bit narrow but all it takes is 1/4 in spacers. Plus it uses the larger carrier bearings, not the smaller jeep d44 bearings. Plus the axle shafts have alot less taper length and it will have disk brakes. I am running mine with 4.56s and lincoln locked and it has always gotten home.
Chadc

i picked up my 89 "limited' on ebay for 600.00.........with a stock D44..... was like a pot of gold..... the MJ had the D44 available for a longer period of time but there were less of them produced.... if you get an MJ axle remember you will need to do a SOA perch change..... i have heard conflicting info as to how long it was available in the XJ, but 87 is the best shot...

I run a scout 44, just need 1" spacers to bring it to width, and if the drums are in good shape, keep um- 11"!

TAPCO International?
I think that was the name of the place some folks were able to buy new ones from a couple of years ago. Seems like they were in the 4-5 hundred dollar range complete, drum to drum. I haven't heard anything since then but it may be worth checking into. TC

lockd.gif
Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back