• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ain't that purty

Ralph

NAXJA Member #149
96 ZJ rear disks on my 8.25 rear. Write-up to follow.

RR3
DSCN9855.JPG

trekker said:
Sweet Ralph!
How tough a job was it?
Very straight forward. You need to enlarge the hole the the axle passes through on the backing plate and caliper bracket, reform the hard line, and attach the parking brake cable. Total cost was around $250.

RR3

That's nice. :worship:

JnJ said:
So, have you tested it out yet? how do they feel?
They work great. My XJ is a 96 model, I didn't have to remove the o-ring from the proportioning valve. The e-brake works great. No problem passing my safety inspection. What I like the best is knowing that the brake performance will be consistant from now on. No more adjusting of those damn drums.

RR3

Ralph said:
They work great. My XJ is a 96 model, I didn't have to remove the o-ring from the proportioning valve. The e-brake works great. No problem passing my safety inspection. What I like the best is knowing that the brake performance will be consistant from now on. No more adjusting of those damn drums.

RR3
Do you know if the swap is the same on a 90?

The brakes look real nice,but I hope your saving up for some new leaf springs!

Ewwww! Can-o'-snot :D

imma honky said:
Do you know if the swap is the same on a 90?
Yes, the install is the same for all 8.25's. Since you have a different power booster and master cylinder, you will have to remove the o-ring from the proportioning valve.

RCP Phx said:
The brakes look real nice,but I hope your saving up for some new leaf springs!
Yeah, I need some heavy duty ones that can handle my heavy rear bumper and tire carrier.

RTicUL8 said:
Ewwww! Can-o'-snot :D
Can-O-Snot is usefull for reinstalling No-Slip.

RR3

Back