• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what are those cables for??

GPRSDLYT

NAXJA Forum User
saw a land rover today (ive seen this before also) and he had what looks to be cables running from his arb bull bar to his roof rack. what are these?
thx.
-g

They are used to deflect low hanging branches and other brush away from the windshield. The theory is that they will follow the cable and then pass over the roof. Unless you drive in really dense undergrowth they are probably not necessary.

In the Urban Jungle they are used to deflect those people that try to wash your windows at stoplights....they are sometimes hooked to a high power electrical source to add greater shock effect :wierd:

I've only seen it on a few vehicles though....most were pristine mall crawlers with Hummer-esque chrome doo dads

.....Although I wish I had one sometimes....trees ripped off my rain gutter moldings.... :wierd:

LOL- window washers!
i had a feeling they were used for branches
ditto on the gutters
thx guys
-g

Back