• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EZ Locker vs. Limited Slip Opinions

madman23

NAXJA Forum User
I just wanted to get a few opinions as to which was the best to run in the front diff. The primary trail tends to be a very muddy one. (mud pits)

madman23 said:
I just wanted to get a few opinions as to which was the best to run in the front diff. The primary trail tends to be a very muddy one. (mud pits)

Best pulling is going to be from the locker, best steering is going to come from the LS. The locker will tend to make your front slide sideways on sidehills and push through turns. I'd probably still go with the locker though. Do you have one in the rear yet?

Sean

I have run both the EZ and a True Trac in D30s. Both are Tractech products...good stuff IMHO.

The EZ-locker is the ez-ist way to go, and you dont have to mess with resetting the gears. Off road it's WAY better than the LS or open. Like said above, it'll 'plow' a bit in slick turns. I daily drove my 89 with spool rear & EZ front for a while...in 2wd I never noticed it other than some vibes from my driveshaft. The 30 EZ is #812A012.

The True Trac LS is IMO the best (only) choice for NP242 Jeeps that "need" smooth Fulltime 4x4 function . It worked great off-road 95% of the places (rocks & mud) we went, but I found it's limitations in a few (very rough) spots. It does require setting up the gears, and at $350? is approx $100 more than an EZ or other lunchbox locker. The 30 has 2 flavors, #912A374 (3.54-down) and #912A314 (3.73-up)

I plan to swap my TT into my 242 Limited when I regear it.

Back