• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trac-lok rebuild

xj-grin

NAXJA Member #1096
I did a search - I need info on the best place to get a clutch kit/shims (read "cheapest"), how tight to shim it, how exactly its done (where can I get some instruction) and anything else you guys think might be helpful.

TIA

Check out Randy's Ring & Pinion tech section. Under the positraction link on the left side of the page, you should be able to find a "how to rebuild it" section for your trac lok...

Ivan

I just rebuilt my D35 Trac-lok with input from several post on this site. The best help was to install the new discs on the passenger side 1st. Then insert a 3' threaded rod thru the passenger side axle housing. tighten on appropriate sized washers/nuts on either side of the threaded rod to compress the pass side new clutch pack. Then install the driver side clutch pack. Then start turning in the 2 spider gears and spider gear shim simultaneously. I periodically had to tap the shims with a screwdriver/hammer to keep in in line with the spider gear as i turned them in. After an hour i finally had the spider gear and shim and their hole all lined up with the carrier hole and I could just tap the pin in.

Back