• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CV shafts in Dana 30

i looked into this breifly last year and i think i came up with a "no".. or maybe wasnt a good idea.. i had a CV axle in a parts rig and wanted to keep it.. i chose not to.. i may not be correct but that was my understanding so i scrapped the plan....
mike

My 86 has the cv style shafts and I posted a question as to whether I could swap in dana 30 axle shafts from a 93 XJ or a 99 TJ. On the TJ axles I was told that I could swap just the axle shafts or the axle shafts and all of the steering and brake parts. I plan on swapping out everything from the TJ axle since it has 19K miles, the bigger ujoints and my 86 axle has almost 300K miles. The 93 axle that I have would also work under the same guidelines as far as I know. I do know that you can't put newer disc rotors on to the old axle with out changing all of the parts from the ball joints out (I tried). My 93 axle does not have the bigger ujoints and will only be used if the TJ axles don't pan out.
Dave

Back