• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 xj Door regulators and speaker wires....

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Thewindow regulators on a friends xj have broken twice. Always at the same point, where the wire connects to the metal track. 1 drivers side and one passanger side. Anyone ealse have this problem? Also I just fished his driver door wire harness out and back to find a broken speaker wire. Any one ealse have this problem?

I have a 99XJ.
About 2 years ago my regulator failed too. Luckily it was still covered by my extended warranty. The guy at the dealer said that they had seen the same thing happen several times.
My guess is that they changed the design of something. Maybe just a weak part.

Manuel

Yes, I too have had both regulators on my 99XJ fail, there is a peice on the new regulators that used to be made of plastic was now made of metal. Jeep knew there was a problem, fixed it but wouldn't pay for it. (no recall)

That is the what I thought. It was the plastic piece that attaches the cable to the track.

My '99 has already had the driver's side regulator replaced, and the passenger one is coughing up blood, so it wont be long. The back ones move like they were new, and no, I don't open the front windows any more than the back.

ghost, where do you find the broken speaker wire my 98 xj the pass. side door speaker doesnot work the speaker is good.

There was a green wire almost to the foot panel in the door wire harness. It was a junction and was covered with a clear tube. I pulled the rubber "protector" between the door and body and it was broken on the body side of the wire harness. A real PITA to get to and fix. But once I found it it was easy to see what the problem was. The wire had pulled apart where it was connected to another wire. If you get Uwharie any Saturday after the trail run I'll help you pin it down. If its the same problem that he had It only takes a couple hours to get to and fix.

thanx sorry i cant help with your problem

Can anyone tell me what that clear tube is for it appears to hav eone in and two out? having problems finding the wire in the body side any suggestions.

Back