• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ Flares.... Finally

Can you guys with these show me some more. What are you doing in the rear? Is it rear TJ flares there too?

looks good man! they arent chopped level with the body line are they? I am thinking about doing this (I have tj flares that are chopped like that...)

Ted Z, what size lift and tires are you running? korda has a great write up. i am thinking of going that way also. i only have 31's right now. the flares might be to big for them. thanx:)

They make my 33s look small some times. good luck on the rear i have just ben bussy but every time i start workin on it, it gets very overwelming because of all the cutting and welding ya gotta do and then attaching them to the door so it still opens. i am hitting it hard this week tryin to have done by monday

WIll

Ted Z You live in washington? I saw a red XJ with the fenders cut just like yours in Lynwood. If not the XJ I saw had 4" or so wide metal welded in between the outer body and the inner fender well to fill the gap. Looked to be the best way of doing the rear. As aposed to seam sealer or caulking it. Looks good.

Tim

Nope, I live in Michigan.
I was also think of filling in with sheet metal also...

I can weld fine... but my sheet metal skills are negligable :(

I currently have 3" of lift. If I went to Tj flares how big of tire could I use and what would look the best? Also where is the best (cheapest) place to get tj flares.
-thanks

I used expanding foam to fill in the front and gaps I cut in the rear. I sprayed over it with rubberized undercoating. If I had to do it again I would use sheetmetal. The foam worked out alright but doesn't look the best. We'll see how long it lasts.

Back