• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Tire question

XJoachim

NAXJA Forum User
OK, time for new tires :D

They will be off road only, mostly dirt, loose gravel, sand, mud, nearly no rocks. Current choices are:

18/39.5-16.5 Boggers
15/39.5-16.5 TSLs
Combination of both above - TSL front/Bogger rear
39.5x13.5-16.5 IROKs
15/42-16.5 TSLs

Any other suggestions, what do you think. I will have to keep them a long time so it should be well decided. :D

I like my TSL's, they work on the rocks, mud, dirt, I was thinking of boggers, but they're too agressive for me (read - break stuff) and have no/little latteral traction.

Can't comment on the IROK's other that what I've read, and if you were doing mainly rocks, they sound like a good tire.

with the TSL/bogger combo, only time I've seen this work well is in the mud, real poupular combo here in MI where there's mud, mud, and well, mud.

I think 42's are too big for an XJ, but then again I'm running 38's, a couple years ago I would have said the same thing about them.

All JMHO.

dan

:D :D I have a D60 front/D70 rear so i don't really think about breaking something. We have a lot of steep climbings where the only thing you need is traction :D mostly on loose gravel or sand and mud.

Tell that to One "I break D60 rears in to two piesces" Ton

I have a 70 rear with 3.5" tubes, 35 spline 4340 shafts. Show me how to break that thing :D :D especially over here in germany, where we have no rocks.

Sean did that with TSL's on his rig.

you prob won't have to worry about breaking the 70, I'm running a 44 in the front (that I've broke) and a 9" in the rear (that I've broke), both were when I was running 36 TSL's, however both axles have been upgraded with alloys in the 44 and a full spool this time in the 9. Time will tell what breaks next.

I just really like the TSL's for over all wheelin. again, JMHO.

dan

Did you see the Dynatrac axled rig in one of the rags this month? There was a side bar that said the guy had broken one of them. I'm thinking they were 60's! I'm just saying it can be broke but it is most unlikely!

OK, i don't worry about breaking stuff, if it breaks i will get better shafts, 300m if i have to do so but i want the best tire that's available for our application. We don't do much sidehill or off camber things so traction is essential.

Back