• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Truck Haven Hills

Loose_Nuts_Enterprises

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
We're going to be have a large group out at Truck Haven from the day after Christmas until the weekend after New Years. Just wanted to give everyone a head's up and an invitation. Rabbit and I, so far are the only XJs, among probably at least 30 other jeeps.

See you there, Dan

I'll post directions if anyone has interest.

Dan:
No promises... but I'm hoping to get down for at least one day.....gotta make the rounds & see everyone. Wave as you go down there & if I don't show give me the finger on the way back though Indio....LOL!!
You know where your gonna be? To the right of the graded road where the
road goes through the saddle back, to the N.W of there?
I might only make it down to just watch the crazies play in the crevases (spl.) on Sun. & run around alittle..... Dunno...
See Ya! (hopefully)
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

Curt, we'll be to the right of the saddle back, usually on the right side of the road headed NW toward the wash. Only a couple hundred yards from the saddleback.

BTW, where are those cameras that you watch from work??

Dan

Dan Turner said:
We're going to be have a large group out at Truck Haven from the day after Christmas until the weekend after New Years. Just wanted to give everyone a head's up and an invitation. Rabbit and I, so far are the only XJs, among probably at least 30 other jeeps.

See you there, Dan

I'll post directions if anyone has interest.

Planning on being out there with Point Mugu club for New Years, just south of Marina Road.

BTW, where are those cameras that you watch from work??

Dan[/QUOTE]

Dan:
Using the main camping area as a referance.... if you go S.E. from the main camping area up on the low bluffs to the S.E there will be a enclosed site that has afew trees 2 tan steel reserviors a couple of trailers . I can see most of N.Marina but the slope of the land hides the saddleback area and your camp. I can see the high plateaus N. of camp & can zoom in just enough to see some rigs climbing the hills, an unfair teaser...
See Ya !
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

I'll be there Jan.17 for the Corva event.

We're leaving some time Friday, and will be out there for over a week. If you come for new years eve, bring your x-mas trees for the MASSIVE bon fire. Flames a hundred feet high is definitely a sight to be seen!

Hope to see you there,

Dan

Back