• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ coil swap

Jeff B

NAXJA Forum User
I've heard tales of swapping the coils out of a ZJ into an XJ and getting about 1.5" of boost. How does this work? Anyone have experience with it?

Excellent... I'm planning on getting a spring shop to cut me an add a leaf for the back to make the back ride at the same height... do I need to switch out anything else to make this work immediately? Some new shocks would be nice in the future, but I'm working on the college student budget right now. So should the stock shocks (well, not stock, but replaced to ride stock) work ok with that much lift?

Jeff,

You should be o.k. with the stock shocks for now, but you may want to add a set of shackles from an MJ along with the aal (full length aal I hope!) They're about .5" longer then XJ shackles. Even with a stock XJ they can perform well offroad. You should also look into making some sort of sway bar disco, and if you have one in the rear, remove it completely.

Good luck,
Scott Suyeto

The AAL is indeed full length and I am having the leaves already there rearched to give it to regain that sag and also the front coils are being tensed to original size again. And now, on the hunt for MJ shackles!
Thanks for the help!
Jeff

and the swap is completed, no problems at all, clears about 2"...for anyone interested in a cheap way to get some height without having to do tons of mods, this is pretty effective. The whole setup runs about $250

Back