• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need pics of your bumpers...

EljayK004

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking about having a custom rear bumper built for my 2000. I'm looking for something with a tire carrier and a jerry can and hi-lift mount. However any pics of any aftermarket rear bumper would be greatly appreiceated(yeah I know, I kan't speel).

Either post them here or e-mail 'em to me at [email protected] under the heading bumper pics

Thanx in advance,
Johnny K

Last edited:
101-0190_AUT.jpg

101-0192_AUT.jpg

101-0175_AUT.JPG

HTH

Ary

ARTSTER said:
Ary, that bumper is sweet! Does the tire carrier come on and off fairly easily? Who makes this mysterious bumper?

Art :us:

Thanks for the compliment. I can have the tire carrier and jerry can racks on and off in less than 10 mins.

As for who makes it, that would be me :)

Ary

dogtired said:
can you repost please? I dont see it. Thanks! :)

Are the pics working for everyone else??

Frog, are you looking for design help or fab help?? :)

Ary

Totally didn't realize you were from the beach. Do I know you?? I'll be home in a few days from school, and I should be getting a new welder soon to replace the MIG that was on loan from my Uncle. Anyway, shoot me a PM sometime early next week and we'll get together. Sorry for the hi-jack Eljay

wek91xj said:
ARY, thats is crazy... how much did that cost you to make?... how long did it take?

Took me about 4 days to make, but it was my first ever fab project. I think it would probably take me a day and a half to two days to make now(lots more experience now, and lots better tools). All told I've probably got about $450 in it + a LOT of extra materials(you can only but steel in ~20' lengths...). The only MAJOR thing I would change about it would be to use 2x6 for the main tube instead of 3x6. By inserting the hitch tube into the 3x6 it made the distance of the hole from the end of the reciever and odd ball length, so now I have to redrill all my hitch accessorries.

I used square-ended trailer spindles for my swing arms and used 2"x2" .250 wall square tube on the corners. The ID of the tube and the OD of the spindle were a perfect match. That is what enables me to remove and reinstall the tire carrier at will. It was originally a press fit, but over time it has egged out a little, so I'm in the process of trying to figure out how to shim it. Feel free to ask any more questions. Maybe I should do a brief write-up....

Ary

how much you think id cost me for ya to fab me up one, maybe minus the gerry can holder ( if that would save me any)... im only 17 and dont have access to any welders or things of that nature, and cant afford a name brand bumper... so it would be awesome if you could help me out in any ways... maybe send me some plans of your bumper or somthing

Let's talk backchannel so we're not cluttering up this thread. I'll PM you in a few mins...

I see a lot of you guys cut off the lower part of the rear quarter panel behind the back tires to wrap the bumper around. I like the idea but how hard is it to do that and reseal it up?
Chad

not very hard. I cut the front panel, folded the back portion up to meet where I just cut and then welded them together. Others have done it and used a sealant instead of weld. Some have used polyurethane spray foam and shaved it down to fit etc.

Back