• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pro Comp leaf packs

89 XJer

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, not much info when I did a search so I have a question. I spent last night searching threads on different lifts and I would love to go OME but it just is not in the budget. I noticed that 4 wheel parts wholesaler offers some procrap 2.5" leaf packs. From what I have read about the procomp is they really sag, so if I went with 1.75" spacers up front and these in the rear when they sag it should almost even out right? Any advice or info is appreciated.

are the rear leafs full length AAL's or shorties? If shorties, go back and see if you can exchange those for the full length ones (IIRC they do sell full length ones as well) and that will make your rear pack survive longer.... I had the shorties, and well.... my spring pack died after about 2 years.

I just spoke with the guy at 4 wheelparts and he said they are complete leaf packs. The price is 85.99 each and I can always get spacers cheap so does it sound like a good investment for a cheap lift.

I bought the ProComp 3" lift a couple of years ago. The springs are great. The add-a-leaf thing sucked because my stock springs were already dead. Got a set of BDS springs on the back now and it's AWESOME!! ProComp gets a kina bad rep from some people but I used them on my YJ and the XJ and I've got no complaints. The spring packs on the YJ (3 years old now) haven't sagged at all. The BDS's ran about $300 installed. 3.5 inches so the Chief sits tail high like it's supposed to.

Back