• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adj,upper's or Adj. lower C/A's

00xj

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,

As I have learned my front pinion is to low and needs to be pointing to the t-case.(10degress on axle, 6on d-shaft=bad)

My lower non-adjustable 16in. c/a arms are max'ed to the rear. So they can't do it.

Should I get adj. uppers or lowers? I have a couple recommendations for uppers, but I want to make sure. Dan Turner said, "Lowers will adjust length of wheelbase, or locate the front wheels in the front wheel well, adj uppers are for dialing in castor."
With that said, I'm leaning towards uppers, sound good?

Recommendations? Potential installation problems? Lengths?
I would assume I should move the rear of my lower arms to the center of the mounting bracket, then adjust uppers.

As always thank you for reading this post, I greatly appreciate you input.

Tom

Last edited:
the ones on rusty's website arent front adjustables. they are rear upper adjustables for a jeep with coils in the rear like a TJ or ZJ

Brad

I think the picture is wrong. Rusty does make adjustable uppers. 00, the arms for the upper will have a fork at one end and a bushing at the other. The lower ones in the e-bay picture. Those on e-bay look like an old set of rusty's. Question the tightness of the threads on the adjustable portion before bidding.

I always did the same thing as Dan. I would set the lowers to get the tire centered in the fender when compressed then use the uppers to dial the pinion angle.

Back