• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Latest Pics at Wheelin' in the Country

xjaddiction

NAXJA Member #666
This was going up the twister II trail the day after Thanksgiving.

fa50bd95.jpg

fa50bd9e.jpg

wheelin in the country is a 700 acre off-road park in summertown,tn. they have trails from mild to most definate damage. they have camping area with showers and bathrooms, and shop for repair and eats. cost is 20 bucks a day, 5 for each passenger.

here is there web; www.wheelininthecountry.com

i went there last winter and had a great time. except for campin that night it was snowing and all the whiskey i had didn't warm me up. but it had some good technical trails. the only true complaint i had was the rampant use of junk and trash to decorate the area and facilities. however, the owners were very nice and helpful. the food was good. and the camping was free. overall i had a good time. has anything changed up there?

The lights are mounted through the hood bolted through some flat stock underneath. I kept smashing them on the brush guard, didn't want to put holes in the "A" pilars, so the hood was the next logical place;

fbfe5f77.jpg

fbfe600e.jpg

a-mechanic; you went there at their busiest time. newyears they saw 1000 vehicles in one weekend. it's all cleaned up, and yes Angie and Darren are great people.

Greddy

Hey Xjaddiction what do you think of those Trxus? How do they do in the mud? I'm thinking about going with some 33's to replace my BFG MTs.

Hey XJaddiction, what size lift do you have? Any pointers on mounting your lights on the hood? i think im gonna put 2 of mine on there. thx

Todd

I love the trxus's!! They are the best tire on and off the road I've had on the heep yet. They are really good in the mud, and really quiet for a mud tire on the road. The wear is excellent. At this rate I expect 40,000 miles out of them.

Advice on the hood mounted lights

-take two hand towels and roll length wise (like your going to snap your sister with it). Than take your lights (mine are 6"procomps) and wrap the towels around the bottom so that you can try differnt placements on the hood. Helps you to see where you want them.

-Make sure that your not hitting the hood framing underneath, find a bare spot to mount.

-use a backing plate of 1/4 inch stock steel. This keeps them from flexing on the hood at interstate speeds.

-using a permanent marker, mark the spot on the top of the hood. Then use a punch to make a dimple in the hood to keep drill bit from walking.

- start with small drill bit and work your way up. I used a silicone spray lubricant to keep the drill bit from heating up. once at the right hole size, file all the burs, and paint with brush style touch up paint.

-you will also have to drill hole for wires (mine came with a stainless loom and rubber bushing.

-use a good silicone sealer on the bolt hole and the wire loom hole with the rubber bushing.

I also love the lights on the hood. They work great as they are perfect heighth, and they are out of harms way.

I have about 7"s of lift, with 4"s of sheet metal cut out of the fenders and TJ flares

Greddy

thanks for the write up. where did you mount your switches?

xjaddiction said:
I love the trxus's!! They are the best tire on and off the road I've had on the heep yet. They are really good in the mud, and really quiet for a mud tire on the road. The wear is excellent. At this rate I expect 40,000 miles out of them.

I'm glad to hear it. I went ahead and ordered 5 33 x 12.50s the other day. I'm hoping they'll be in tomorrow. :D

Back