• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone has experience with a front hitch?

I like my front hitch. It was fairly easy to install, and works very well as a tow point. I booger-welded up a shackle mount for it, and couldn't be happier. I think that mine is a draw tite....and it tucks up nicely under the air dam.

Nice write up though.

I've had the Draw-Tite hitch on the front of mine for several years now, and it has worked out pretty well. I had it installed, since I didn't do much work on my XJ back then, but looking at it now, it doesn't look like it would have been difficult at all. I have a multi-mount winch that I've used a few times, and it also worked great for parking trailers. The drawbacks that I've found are that the multimount totally kills your approach angle, so you don't want to leave it in there. Also, when I wanted to set up the XJ to tow behind my motorhome, the hitch was only in the way. I had to have my buddy weld some brackets to it in order to tow it. Finally, when I put my 5.5" lift on, I couldn't use the RE swaybar relocation kit and once again had to have my friend weld brackets on for that. Overall, it was worth it, but now I'm going to take it off and put on a custom bumper and a real winch. HTH

John-Boy said:
I like my front hitch. It was fairly easy to install, and works very well as a tow point. I booger-welded up a shackle mount for it, and couldn't be happier. I think that mine is a draw tite....and it tucks up nicely under the air dam.

Nice write up though.

coolness! One question though...I might be mistakened, but according to the article, he said installing the bolts from inside the rails, if it is deep inside, I can't put my hands in there(rail is too small), and I ain't about to go fishing in there with a wire hanger and spend half the day trying to insert them through drilled holes.

I do have a nutsert left over, and I can cut it and slid it in to align and bolt from below the rail just like I did with my rear OEM Mopar hitch. Problems is that, what size is the bolt? If it is the same as my rear hitch bolts I am golden!! :)

Back