• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brushguard from hell

It was made by a company called Road Armor. I think that they have been bought by Trailready though.

Stick said:
I saw them in a magazine years ago. And then I saw them again in the movie 2 fast 2 furious (the trucks ramming the police cars at the end), and it sparked the intrest again.

you got pix of it? or at least the URL plz? :)

The one your talking about is the Safari Guard bumper made by TrailReady, but I dont think they make it for XJs anymore, if they did i would definatly get one. but you could call em up and find out if they still make it.

Custom made by the folks at RA...a Dan Starc design. Same with the 'SkyJacker' roof rack. Look familiar? The ones on theirs came from his. ;)
This goes waaaayyy back. :D The old days before the 1-ton gear and exo cage. ;) Same folks built out his current bumper design (pic 2) way back when, too...also look familiar?
ds-11.jpg

danbumper.jpg

Yeah, except that looks like a real bumper, not one made from 1/8" sheet :D

Hahaha, yes! Dan calls up Pat Gremillion (Premier Power Welder) from the top of a trail here in WA (dunno how the hell he had cell coverage) and asks if the Power Welder would run a Foreman Grill. Pat say, "We've never tried it." Hehe, the rest is history. Here is a photo I took of the first known time a George Foreman Grill was used with a Premier Power Welder. Also gives you a good look at his rear bumper setup.:yelclap:

Dan_Foreman.jpg

Biv said:
Sooo would there be any way to get one of those bumpers, these days?
I think that if you decide to put on on.... plan to relift your front while doing so, as it will most likely sag under the weight of the tank front end :D

Those George Foreman burgers were darn good too! :D
You really need to see Dan's rig in person to truely grasp the awsomeness of it. Dan's rig, to me at least, is a spectacle of design and engineering. It's interesting to look at photo's of his rig from near stock form to the way it is now.

Chris

railroadjeep said:
Those George Foreman burgers were darn good too! :D
You really need to see Dan's rig in person to truely grasp the awsomeness of it. Dan's rig, to me at least, is a spectacle of design and engineering. It's interesting to look at photo's of his rig from near stock form to the way it is now.

Chris

What's truly significant is that the guy didn't just build it up like that overnight...and he knows how to fawkin' wheel. His shit doesn't break and he's not arrogant about that Jeep. Few others can say that. It is flattering to see others copy stuff he came up with a long time ago though, haha. He's a class act and a great guy to learn from. I'm impressed that he'll take anyone out on a trail and tech them rather than saying "Oh that Jeep can't make it." He helps you figure out what your limits are...because his skill and experience sees what you don't. I'm glad to call him a friend.

I have their bumpers front and rear on my grocery ghetter..

standard.jpg

REAR.

standard.jpg

They are not doing those full hood expedition guards anymore, unless you REally want it...

It's like a Bra IMHO...yeah you may save the sheet metal/paint but Damn, at what cost LOL...Is looking like a complete Circus Freak worth the off chance that you'll have something smash the hood up but NOT compress the contraption into the sheetmetal?

Man that would make my jeep look like even more of an eyesore LOL!

Holy shit...those bumpers in the first pictures must weigh a thousand pounds! :eek:

Back