• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doetsch Tech HV1 shocks?

jeepme

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Anybody using these or know anything about them? I was on there site and the lengths they offer are great, right in the range I need. I ve had the 3000 series and thought they where just a little to soft. You can get the HV1's in the 3000, 8000, or 9000 series and they are re buildable . Any info would be great.

Thanks
Jeff

I too looked at these a while back. A lot of people have poor opinions of Doetsch. My other option, Bilstein 7100's, are probably what I am going to go with. I alos looked at King's. They all look like quality products. Just haveto decide what is in your budget. Sorry I couldn't help more.
Dustin :paperwork

I too have looked at them and seriously considered them. I think in the Jeep world, Doetsch got a bad name from the hydro shocks that came with the RE kits. They tended to be a bit stiff. Other than those, I have not heard anything bad. I have head good, plus the fact that you can have them valved any way, completely rebuild them, run remote res, or not, and order them with heims on both ends. I like all of those options and will have to do some serious comparisons before purchasing shocks. If you want to try something new, try these and let us know. If you don't want to take the chance, go Bilstein.

Steve

Hmmm not sure if I want to be the giunie pig. But I do like all the options and the fact that they are close to my home. Anybody else have a word or two about this shock????????

Jeff

Back