• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

to run 33x14x15rim boggers????

lostfuk

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 96 4dr with rustys 4.5 w/ full rear pack & adj lca. what would i need to run 33x14x15rim boggers? spacers/shack/flares/ rim backspacing?

Depending on trimming.... I'd say about a 6+" lift.
At least as much trimming as I have... (my 12.5s rub at stuff when turned)
15x10's .... possibley whackers...

Tires/wheels that wide are gonna stress out your ball joints pretty fast and I'll assume you don't have a d35 or you are really asking for trouble IMO.

That poor 35 wouldn't hold up long under those tires. They're heavy. You're going to have a lot of rubbing, boggers have a very square profile so they're going to hit when you turn, they're also wide so they'll rub on the fenders and body when you flex. If you're set on running those tires, you're definitely going to want at least two more inches of lift, depending on your rims, if you rub the inner fenderwell in the rear, you may want spacers (unlikely thought), and no matter what you're going to have to do a large amount of trimming to the front, rear, and top of your fenders.
For all that work you're not going to get a lot of performance out of those tires. Maybe if you grooved them, but it just makes for a lot of trouble for a not so great tire.

lostfuk said:
i have a 96 4dr with rustys 4.5 w/ full rear pack & adj lca. what would i need to run 33x14x15rim boggers? spacers/shack/flares/ rim backspacing?

Well, uuh, good luck with that. :wow:

You might refer to the "Making 36's work on a 4" lift... " thread. While that maybe a little more extreme than you need to go, it will give you some ideas on what may need to be done to fit those square tires. Also, I don't know if those tires are undersized or oversized, but I bet they are oversized. I wouldn't be way too concerned with the fitment, although another inch or two would really help out, the width, weight, and leverage is what you really need to be concerned with. Those tires will play hell on your axles and could probably be compared to the 36" but with even more leverage for havoc.

Back