• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'00 Classic w/16"wheels. larger tires??

Shoeman

NAXJA Forum User
I'd like to put some more aggressive tires on my '00, but all the info I can find on bigger sizes is ablut the earlier 15' sizes. Anybody dealt with this? I want a more secure grip in a foot of snow than the Eagles on it now give me.

To figure out what the size of a tire is in inches from metric the formula is 2(Width x A.R.) + rim size. Width being the first number, Aspect Ratio being the second number and rim size being the third. (i.e. 235/75/15 = Width 235 milimeters/75% A.R./15" rim)

If you want to open up more options, you should be able to run a 245/70/16 with no problem on a factory suspension. They are roughly 29ish" tall.

I put Toyo Open Country AT 245/70/16's on my ZJ. They are 29.3" tall. Tire size varies by manufacturer so check the specs before you buy.

Just an update....thanks for all the input. We got 18" of snow here Monday, and I went to the tire store after we closed the shop early. In the 4 mile drive I counted 9 cars off the road! The XJ, even with Eagle LS's on it, went damn well :laugh3: but I had them put on a set of BFG All-Terrain T/A KO's anyways, in 225/70-16 (OEM size), and man, I'm waiting for the next Nor'easter to blow in now so I can go snow-wheelin' in the unplowed streets again! That is a damn fine tire IMHO. Wife real confident now too, which is a BIG relief as it's her DD. Now I'm thinking a Rustys budget lift to gain a bit more snow bank capability. Gotta love winter in Maine.

I'm about to buy those tires (BF Goodrich KO's) also. I can't wait!! :)

Back