• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What about my brakes?

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
NAXJA Member
After Jan 1, Cottontail is going to be retired from DD work and will begin some much needed repairs/upgrades.

My main concern is the brakes. The stock ones never did real well, IMO, once I put 31's on. I need a four corners, probably calipers also, and maybe even brake lines.

What are suggestions for me to consider? I think I read about some kits that come with new calipers and pads and rotors and such, as a "drop-in" kit.

Any particular brands or part numbers or anything I need to know? BTW, Cottontail is an '85 with the 2.8, 3 inches, and, as mentioned, 31's.

for more stopping power ive heard of people going to the zj brake booster and calipers.......try a search :)

95/96 Master cylinder, booster and prop valve (all comes off the truck as one unit)

you'll pay out the arse for it new, so track down a used one.

this setup on otherwise stock brakes will bring my 36s to a halt :eek: and is definitely the single best mod I've EVER done to my Jeep.

Anyone here try the TRW power stop crossdrilled rotors and the matching semi met. pads yet? Been eyeballing them in the 4wd hardware catalog and thinking they might be a decent upgrade when it becomes brake replacement time.
Mike B.

Back