• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Axle Wrap...Poly CA bushings??

Christopher

NAXJA Forum User
My front axle wraps bad and my CA bushings are pretty new. An ideas where to pick up Poly CA bushings or recomendations on how to otherwise resolve the wrap issue??

Please explain your problem more completely. The front axle is a 4-link design. In theory, it can't wrap. Axle wrap is a phenonenon experienced with leaf spring axles that don't have traction bars/arms.

You've never watched a front axle wrap with worn or mushy rubber control arm bushings? Doesnt hurt much until you really have smashed the bushings good. Makes the alignment shop mad too. Ratcheting back and forth making clattering sounds. Happened to mine when I had bad control arm angles and worn bushings. I believe that daystar has a poly bushing kit but dont what it includes.

http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/W_poly_Jeep.htm

Christopher said:
My front axle wraps bad and my CA bushings are pretty new. An ideas where to pick up Poly CA bushings or recomendations on how to otherwise resolve the wrap issue??

That's exactly why I eliminated the stock style UCA axle mounts when I installed my D44 and new suspension. I didn't want to bother replacing those bushings that wore out regularly, and I didn't want any more axle wrap. You've seen mine, I used a JJ, but you can't do that with the stock D30 housing. I've heard that someone was coming out with a poly bushing for the D30 UCA mount, but I haven't seen it. There needs to be some give in those bushings, since the deflection in those bushings is what lets the XJ suspension move, if the other control arm ends are heims, JJ's, or poly bushings, so any poly bushing in that location would need to be a soft durometer.

Back