• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Eaton m-90 mounting

CW

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I canned my turbo project because I was having a hard time finding a turbo that I felt met my needs. I am hoping to get my hands on a used m-90 from a t-bird. Has anyone ever installed one and not had to cut a hole in the hood? I will be moving the MAP and IAT to the air tube and out of boost conditions. I have a water injection system I made for my turbo project that I will probably use for this, should I inject the water before or after the compressor? Any comments or ideas would really help. This is going on an AP 4.6L.

Check with Mike at Accurate - he mounts the Eaton MP90G4 on its side on the left side of the engine, and nothing breaks the hoodline. There are pix on his site!

I'm thinking about doing something similar, once I leave the Land of the Smog Nazi and get everything all in one place to do the job...

5-90

Ive seen SC mounted in place of the AC that did not need to cut the hood. You will probably have to look at relocating the AC and other ancilliary equipment to locate the blower in such a place that it wont interfere anywhere. You can also get int ough with Magnuson and get a blower rebuild kit with a shaft long enough so that that if needed the blower could be mounted way back by the firewall.

As far as water injection, it should be injected at 90* to the airflow and after the blower, you can also spray water onto the intercooler. What you do not want is water in the blower to cahnce any corrosion nor do you want to cool off the rotors and have the case still be hot, causing the metals to expand and contract at different rates and possibly self destructing your blower. Check ebay for blowers, its where I got mine from.

XJguy

I think Ill just end up mounting it on the manifold with an adapter plate and cut a hole in the hood and either put a plastic scoop over it like the avenger xj or make a cowl induction hood. Has anyone ever made their own cowl induction hood? I was just wondering about the injection since a lot of people inject before turbos for beter atomization. I have an adjustable MAP but I should be able to get a good AF ratio with that.

I heard of injecting before the supercharger too, but its not good for the life of your equipement. On a turbo it can wear out the blades as well as corrode, on a roots type blower it can cause the problems I mentioned prior. As always YRMV.

Hood, they sell them already. But I made one..or at least began to make one: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=97990&postcount=16

XJguy

Back