• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

36" TSL-Bias Ply's OR 36" I-Rok's?????

Heep

NAXJA Forum User
Will be mostly in rock90% and dirt10%.
Do these tires measure a true 36" or so. Tell me what to get.

Heep said:
Will be mostly in rock90% and dirt10%.
Do these tires measure a true 36" or so. Tell me what to get.

The 36x13.5/15 IROK specs at 36.8" OD, 6 ply, 22/32" tread depth, 11" tread width...

The 36x12.5/15 TSL specs at 36.3" OD, 8 ply, 24/32" tread depth, 10.5" tread width...

Out east in muddy rocks, the TSL (bias ply) seems to be the standard bearer for a tough tire.

I have no first hand experience with the IROK (nor do I know anyone who has) but it was designed for rocks, and is priced very close to the TSL...

Either one should do well for you...for westcoast type (dry?) rock, I bet the IROK does better, but thats just a guess...

HTH

Woody

woody said:
The 36x13.5/15 IROK specs at 36.8" OD, 6 ply, 22/32" tread depth, 11" tread width...

The 36x12.5/15 TSL specs at 36.3" OD, 8 ply, 24/32" tread depth, 10.5" tread width...

Out east in muddy rocks, the TSL (bias ply) seems to be the standard bearer for a tough tire.

I have no first hand experience with the IROK (nor do I know anyone who has) but it was designed for rocks, and is priced very close to the TSL...

Either one should do well for you...for westcoast type (dry?) rock, I bet the IROK does better, but thats just a guess...

HTH

Woody

Thank you,
I'm leaning towards the iroks just for kicks. I live in Nebraska if it matters.

Heep said:
Thank you,
I'm leaning towards the iroks just for kicks. I live in Nebraska if it matters.

What do you need rock tires for. There isn't a rock in the state of NE! :D

Iroks are suppost to be really good tires. Depending on how they wear on the street they may be my next tire.

Weasel said:
What do you need rock tires for. There isn't a rock in the state of NE! :D

Iroks are suppost to be really good tires. Depending on how they wear on the street they may be my next tire.

He He, Nebraska Sucks azz for offroading! I go down to Tuttle Creek in Kansas about once a month and am planning a trip for Moab next summer if the Heep is done by then. I have a 02 WJ Overland that is the DD with 4" and 32" MTR's I have beaten the piss out of and workin on a real offroader (the Heep-87 XJ goin to 8" and 36's). The WJ is too pretty and is getting asigned "tow duty" to the XJ. See
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

WEAK!

I think I am gonna go with 36 IROCs or 35 MTRs the mtr's so far that I have seen Kick butt.
I am in Oklahoma and I go to Disney all of the time.

There are some guys up here in the NorthWest that swear by IROKs. We not all rock up here. Muddy, slimmy, rutted trails and rocks, depends on season. They are supposed to wheel well in snow too.

May want to do a search for the IROKs on snort4x4.com

I have the 39.5 irok's and they are badass. I have ner gotten stuck in mud or snow and I love the grip they give me in the dirt. the tread is so well designed that it grip to almost anything. We just got 2 feet of snow 2 days ago and it was a blast to cruise in wih tires aired down. I have had about a 32 wear off the tread in about 4 months so they aren't too bad on the street either.

Irok's all the way

Back