• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Bumper Options 01' XJ

RockRod

NAXJA Forum User
I have been looking at everything!!! I like the Bulletproof rear with tire carrier the best so far. I need a rear bumper with 2" reciever built in, Qtr. Protection, and just a tire carrier (no hi-lift mounts or gas mounts) Want to see what others are running. And if your happy or not.Post pics if ya can.:anon:

This is the Custom 4x4 rear bumper. It is on m '95, but on an '01, it has seperate plates for rear quarter protection. The Hi-Lift mount is optional, but you can imagine how it is without it. Very stout bumper, and would buy it again.

fb05eafd.jpg

Also, top right of you screen is this:

top_search.gif

Do a search for "rear bumper" and you will find a wealth of options. HTH

Fergie

The Bulletproof bumper's 1/4 panel "protection" is more cosmetic than functional. The left side got caved in by a direct hit to the diamond plate. Also, the bottoms of both of my quarters have significantly "self-clearanced", despite having the that sturdy bumper back there.
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

It is a quite versitile addition to my Jeep, though. It gives me the option of taking bulky items out of the interior of my Cherokee and hanging them on the bumper instead.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Just don't do this:

standard.jpg

It puts the heavy spare tire too far back, applying too much leverage to the rear structure of the Jeep.

Back