• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

driveline prices

DgoJEEPGirl

NAXJA Forum User
anyone know how much it would be, apprx, to have drivelines made if i get a 4.5 inch lift? i know its hard to tell as everyones prices are different, im just looking for a ballpark price. thanx T

From the limited information, it's hard to tell what you mean by "driveline."

3-5" is a magic zone for Jeep XJs...some can get great results very inexpensively and others spend tons of money with pure frustration at every turn.

Please reply with more info... year model, axle info, region you live in, and intended use are the 4 basic food groups for anyone to help further.

It's a 91 Cherokee with stock axels, I don't know, maybe 30 front and 35 rear...not really sure. I'm in the mountains, so I hope to be doing plenty of off-roading...taking it to Moab, Choke Cherry canyon and such. Any info would be helpful.

With 4.5", you should be fine with stock axles, however, it is highly recommended to get a fixed transfer case rear output yoke kit, refered to a slip yoke eliminator (SYE). This reduces vibrations from the angle you have added to the rear driveshaft by letting you use a double cardan u-joint. In the even that you do break a rear shaft, with an SYE, you just remove it, lock it into 4hi, and drive home on the front shaft. Without an SYE, if you break a rear driveshaft, you can't just remove it, the yoke that slides into the transfer case is also what seals the transfer case fluid in.

Best bet is to give Tom Woods a call. Last I knew he was a NAXJA sponsor, and at that time, he gave NAXJA members a discount. Cost is about $400 if I remember correctly. Tom has a great reputation and commonly replaces twisted or broken drive shafts with little to no cost from the customer.

Your front one should be ok.

Steve

Back