• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trimming!

Shanbo44

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to do some fender trimming, anybody else have some trimming that they want to get do? We can butcher them at the same time. I am in Lancaster and have a driveway big enough for 3 XJ's to get chopped up, but no garage. So you better no be afaid of the elements.

shannon

I'm gettin' ready to do mine, but I am a long ways away.

While I here, I'll post this question regaurding trimming...
What do I do with the wiper fluid bottle above the wheel well? I imagine it will suffer damage from the elements being out in the open like that. Any comments?

Washer bottle....another reason the older models rock! :)

Anyway, what I'd do is go to a bone yard and pick up an older style washer bottle, it mounts to the inner fender wall, it doesn't reside inside the fender. That way you're compeletely out of trouble.

Sequoia

seanR said:
What do I do with the wiper fluid bottle above the wheel well? I imagine it will suffer damage from the elements being out in the open like that. Any comments?

Didn't you look at the way I did mine at Moab??? As Sequoia said, you get an older washer bottle and mount it inside :D For ease of use, get one with the same number of pumps as your current one (if you got front and rear nozzles you need one with two pumps and with just front you need one pump). One connector is a direct fit, and one is a splice in (make sure to test which hose to which pump as I originally turned front and sprayed rear :D).

Anyways, after you figure out how to mount it, open up that conduit thingy to pull out of it the rubber hoses and electrical wires (they go out to the blinker and to the bottle as the connectors are way up front). Then pull them back as far as you think you need to, close up the conduit and hook them up and voila :D

Back