• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clutch snagg....94 YJ drivetrain swap.....

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Ok the clutch system in 94 has those lovely lines that do not screw in. So I was forced to get the "clutch system" from the dealer. price was quoted as $153 complete. We shall see tomorrow. Next question is, do they have a bleed screw? If not how are these systems bleed?

The clutch slave on my 95 AX15 did not have a "bleeder" comparable to the type you would expect to see on a brake assembly, but NAPA was able to provide one that worked well. Sorry, I can't provide a part number but would recommend you bring the slave assembly with you so as to get a good match.

Ok. this is for replacing a slave........

What about the whole system together? Anyone replaced their whole system and have to bleed it that way?

Last edited:
I switched my 87 xj from a puegot trans to a nv3550 from a 2000 & up . I kept my internal slave and i didn't have to buy an adapter. It has a bleeder screw and I replaced everything but the lines.

Last edited:
Re: Nothing in the Tech Corner....

Ghost said:
That is confuseing as HELL! I'll look at it when I get it but it seems to me that when the slave is vertical all the fluid will run out! What am I missing?

What you're missing is that before turning it vertical you are supposed to connect it to the line from the master cylinder. Fluid can't run out -- it's a closed system at that point. That's how the air bubbles get pushed up to the master cylinder.

Yea I finally figured it out when I went to open the master and "bench bleed" it and it was full of fluid.......

Back