• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

broken instrument cluster

89 XJer

NAXJA Forum User
I went to the U-PULL IT today and snagged a instrument cluster from an 89 wagoneer. I freakin busted the thing in two on the left side where the transfer case indicator lights are. My question is will all the parts transfer over to my other cluster with the idiot lights or am I stuck with the broken one. Still never figured out what was back there that it got snagged on and of cousre the winter weather is hard on plastic.

If all you did was break off the little sub-panel with the lights it'll work ok. I'd use some epoxy and put it back together in the warmth of the house. If you want to use your case you'll have to transfer everything including the plastic printed circuit on the back. May even have to create some holes for the clips that that guages slide into. They had three large circuits that year, standard, lo-line and high-line and the small sub-panel had two, with ABS and without.

Thanks for the help guys. Grizzly that is the exact part I broke off, I have super glue holding it together for now but maybe I should try the epoxy, any brand suggestion?. I pulled one from a 85 while I was there but is has a different design on the back.

Back