• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some headway made 92 knock etc :)

Heinz

NAXJA Forum User
Of course now the damn thing won't leak coolant(I'm thinkin rad. still - big deal GDI for $106), BUT I did pull rear driveshaft, checked bearings were OK but looked a touch dry - I figured since it was out just to replace the damn thing for $9 with a GMB. Boy I sure did remember using a C clamp makes bearing caps/u joint go in EASY :), doh!!!!!!!!! Made sure to mark driveshaft alignment first(paint). Test drove it and knock is gone :) was plenty of diff lube in rear. Hope that does it, no other driveshaft play in front one either. Checked front brakes and plenty left. A slight bit more wear on driver side, but I figure from front track bar????? pulling at stops??? All front end components "seemed" fine and tight. Hmmm??? Am going to take to alignment shop to check.Did stomp on brakes on test drive at about 55 and no pull???? Of course it started raining so I got soaked and frozen. :) . ANY HINTS would be great as usual, Thanks, Heinz

Back