• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

starting problem

drkstrurethane

NAXJA Forum User
the other day i went to start the jeep and when i turned the key nothing happened all the lights worked so i just thought it was the starter i replaced the starter this morning and it started fine went to start it again to go to work and it did the same thing as before then turned the key once more and it started right up... it happened again at the gas station coming home from work and i was getting super pissed so i was just gonna push it and leave it then i tried one more time in neutral and it started so now i was thinking a wiring problem but i have no clue... any suggestions? thanks in advance

well i was experiencing the same problems and could not figure it out..... it seems like a dead batter but everything works..... it ended up being my transmission sensor.... all i have to do is push foward on the shifter, and then it starts right up..... that might help if not sorry

I have the same problem with my 95 XJ. Sometimes I can start it in park, other times I have to shift into neutral to start it. Can anybody shed some light on this?

are both of your jeeps still doing it or did it just all of a sudden stop?

Neutral safety switch. The procedure to clean it has been written up numerous times.

Search on the full term or on NSS.

Back