• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speedo no worky?

Gary E

NAXJA Member #687
I know sounds oemish, but I am wondering if there are compatibility issues with the t-case I swapped in, I have an 87 that originally had a 231 with the speedo cable. I swapped in a 92 231 that originally had the speed sensor in it, and it hasn't worked since. the gears all looked the same? any ideas?

I thougth the 91+ had an electronic speedo. I know the 87-90 is cable driven so how did that work?

Hmm I don't know how to index it. Do I just keep rotating the part that goes into the T-case?

The 92 had the electric unit but the portion that sits in the t-case looks the same, between the cable and electronic units. The speedo gear looks the same etc, it all slides right in and bolts up the same.

the electronic and cable driven is irrelevant. its the same where it goes into the t-case. as to the indexing, there should be numbers on the part that hold the t-case gear. these are the tooth numbers of the speedo gear. clock the gear accordingly.

Brad

Back