• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hit on the wheel/tire last night...

jnewell

NAXJA Forum User
Strangest collision last night. A younger driver didn't stop before pulling out into the travel lanes in a parking lot. I swerved the XJ away from him and must have made an arc around the nose of his Taurus sedan because the only part of my XJ showing any contact is the right rear tire (has paint from his bumper) and there are some superficial marks on the paint on the edge of the wheel (stock steel wheel). He was doing the rolling-stop thing, so I guess he was well under 5mph. What's funny is that there's no drag marks on the bumper or rear quarter panel, just the wheel.

Question: what are the chances that he managed to bend the wheel or damage the axle/diff?

I am guessing very, ver low, partly because there's little more than a little paint on the tire and even less evidence of the collision on the wheel, and also because there's no indication of any kind of vibration or noise at ~75mph -- if he'd bent the wheel or axle, I'd think there'd be something noticeable.

Should I get the vehicle in to a tire place and have the wheel checked? Anything to do on the axle? I'm thinking no, but would appreciate your thoughts either way.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

J. Newell

Free estimate...Belle tire, tom's tire(goodyear) any of those places.

Wouldn't hurt I don't think.

Teron

Back