• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Post from old forum

MuddyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
20 bucks? how bout THAT! membership dues damn near paid for itself! this would be a nice post for non-tech....it'd be good to tell others "membership has its privledges" (sp?)
That was a week or so ago posted by Beezil.
Now let me tell you the funny part of this. I ordered a drive shaft from Tom Woods and instead of giving me the $20 discount they charged me $20 for being in NAXJA. Made me think the benifits aren't what I thought they were. I called them and they are going to refund the money. The shaft is great and fits perfectly but as some have read I am having trouble with transfer cases to the point where I am about ready to set fire to the damn thing and haven't had one reply that helps.

MuddyXJ said:
... as some have read I am having trouble with transfer cases to the point where I am about ready to set fire to the damn thing and haven't had one reply that helps.

The kid I bought my MJ from had put in a YJ transfer case. Do what he did -- whack a hole in the floor and use a YJ transfer case shifter. I keep thinking I want to put it back to stock, but the more I read posts like yours the more I think "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Didn't get the shifter lever from the guy. I need to talk to Sean Rose about him helping me fab something up next weekend. I have the TC in 2wd now with the front shaft off so I can get from point A to B. Have to go to Michigan tonight and tomorrow.

Back