• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil filter housing leak, need some help

O-RINGS

It takes 3 orings! The sizes depend on your year!
Ask a local dealer there about 2-5 dollars!

RisingSun said:
Thanks guys, the only this is, its a 94 and the design changed. Its not the hex bolt, like on the 92 and older, it has the Torx fitting.
I'll just run down to the stealershit and find out the o-rings.

Thks again,
Scott S.

Yeah, you need a T60 for that. Get a long (at least 12") wrench because it can sieze and be a real pain the the arse to loosen. I had to use a metal pipe on my wrench for additional leverage. :rolleyes:

Scott,

Yeah, T60 is the size of the torx bit. I tried the extension handle from my bottle jack and it bent it!!! I went to a larger pipe. :D

It's a tough bolt to get off...go at it from the bottom and disconnect the battery 1st. Don't ask why, just trust me. :)

Here's a great tip to dislodge the adapter. Use a wooden block and lay it against the top of the oil filter. Then use a hammer to hit down the block on the filter to loosen the adapter. You will then have to unscrew it like normal, but it saves some time this way.

I use a Torx socket that the insert comes out of, I then put the insert in a ratchet wrench (14mm or 9/16") and ratchet it out. There is very little room for a T60 and 1/2" breaker bar in there.

Back